Christo & Jeanne-Claude - 3 DVD
Albert Maysles/ David Maysles
incl. 19 % tax
+ shipping costs
Type: 3 x DVD 5
Year: 1974 - 2003
Length: 282 Min + 28 Min Interview
TV System: Pal
Language: English OV with German Subtitles
Extras: 28 Min Interview/ Audio commentary (English) + Booklet (German)
Label: Absolut Medien
"The Maysles Brothers have made a compelling statement about the artist and society; Christo's success becomes personal, artistic and allegorical triumph." -Desson Howe, THE WASHINGTON POST
"The Christos' projects and our films are both outrageous acts of faith." -Albert Maysles
CHRISTO'S VALLEY CURTAIN a film by the Albert Maysles, David Maysles and Ellen Hovde
1974, 28 minutes
"By far the finest film I have ever seen about an artist and his work."
- Calvin Tompkins, THE NEW YORKER
RUNNING FENCE a film by Albert Maysles, David Maysles and Charlotte Zwerin
1978, 58 minutes
"One of the most exhilarating hours of your life."
- Judith Crist, THE NEW YORK POST
"Shows America at its very best. I was quite literally moved to tears."
- John Walker, Director Emeritus, National Gallery of Art
ISLANDS a film by Albert Maysles, David Maysles and Charlotte Zwerin
1986, 57 minutes
"A wryly funny and ultimately beautiful film. Splendid."
- Bill Cosford, THE MIAMI HERALD
"Captures the shimmering tropical poetry of blossoms more epic than any painted by Monet."
- Manuela Hoelterhoff, THE WALL STREET JOURNAL
CHRISTO IN PARIS a film by Albert Maysles, David Maysles, Deborah Dickson and Susan Froemke
1990, 58 minutes
"Never did anyone look at the Pont Neuf as much as the day it was hidden... Christo teaches us to see."
- Jack Lang, French Minister of Culture
UMBRELLAS a film by Albert Maysles, Henry Corra, Grahame Weinbren
1995, 81 minutes
"An ambitious documentary about an ambitious environmentalist art project. UMBRELLAS unfolds as an increasingly suspenseful drama." - Howard Feinstein, VARIETY
- New video interview. Albert Maysles, Christo and Jeanne-Claude discuss their friendship, the films, and their ongoing collaboration as well as the upcoming Gates Project for New York City's Central Park.
Any questions? Call us:
You might like